Sunday, February 12, 2006

Prompt Week 4

A. You've just found 250 very important emails that your darned ISP managed to temporarily sidetrack for you. What is the text of the most important one?

When I first started using the Internet (I’ve been using computers for many more years than the internet) I had no idea what email was about really. I thought that when I got rid of the computer, my email account went with it. I was living in Bath getting ready to move to Indiana (reluctantly) so, before I left the computer with a friend, I cleaned out all of my email accounts and printed out the ones that I wanted to take with me. I had sent out several resumes and requests for information on housing that would have facilitated my staying in Bath and avoiding the Indiana thing completely. Alas, I gave the computer away and considered the account to be gone as well.

I made that move to Indiana. I loaded all of the belongings that would fit into my Toyota and carried my son and myself across the country. It was a miserable move to a miserable life.

A few weeks after I arrived in Indiana and learned that my email account would always be there as well as the emails, I went back in and found that there were five responses to my resume and 2 for housing. The most important of which read:

“We have received your resume and are very interested in speaking with you further. Your qualifications exemplify our vacancy and we believe it to be a perfect fit. Please contact us immediately if you are interested in pursuing this further as the application process will close in 5 days.”

Where now but for that lost email might I be?

2 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

Amazing how things come and go on the interweb!

Sun Feb 12, 09:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pointed shoes...lime green.
your writing is like 'em.
you give good word! ta.

Wed Feb 15, 09:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home