Sunday, February 12, 2006

Freestyle Week #4

I hate what I love. My sister coined that phrase (unless she picked it up somewhere else). Regardless of its source, its truth is undeniable. I’m having a love/hate relationship with nearly every part of my life.

I love physics because of its artful dodging, which I hate because it eludes me at a time that understanding need MUST be there. I love writing but I hate the blank sheet with its unforgiving cursor: saysomethingsaysomethingsaysomething in a simple little blinking cadence. I just got a stack of new books that I can’t read because of the blinking cursor and the artful dodger.

The circuitous nature of the love/hate relationship offers some relief in the knowledge that it will turn round again and then again and leave residue of the love in the blank spaces of the hate and become some fanciful dance on a blank page either in the form of an equation finally figured or a prompt finally reacted. Until that Eureka! (or at least until February break) I’ll continue to hate what I love.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

YOu thought there was a February break in Eng 101!!! Where have YOU been!

Sun Feb 12, 09:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home