Sunday, February 05, 2006

Freestyle Week 3

We’re working on the house. Tearing it down from the inside out and rebuilding from the foundation up. We’re living in it at the same time. Every year that I’ve been here walls have come down, the upstairs apartment has been added back to the house, the yard has been dug up to allow for more foundation and just recently work has begun to add a bathroom upstairs WITH A TUB!

I’m a water kinda girl. Summer finds me in it or close to it. These last three years are the longest I’ve gone without having a tub at least every other night. When I say a tub it’s a hot soak for as long as I can get it. Hot water added if need be. The best tubs are the three hot water added ones. I know, not very practical but 27 of 31 days, it’s a hot soak with no added heat. I believe in a good tub. Give me smelly oils and nice candles, a sip or two of wine if you please and some really good music. It’s like a mini vacation for me.

Keith says we’ll have it in a month or two. I already have the first tub planned. I’ll spare the details. Suffice to say that my water allotment will be depleted for the week. And I’ll be the girl walking around like I’ve just returned from Bermuda.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

There's a tub I know in England--over a hundred years old, big enough to bathe a large family in--seven feet long, commmensurately wide. I'll give you the address when you're ready.

Tue Feb 07, 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home