Friday, February 10, 2006

Graf # 9: Cause Response

Only three reasons for love gone astray? No. I don’t think so. There are definitely more reasons than that. But the writing absolutely did what it was meant to do and that is impressive. Makes it look so easy especially when I’m struggling so with my own.

And, really, which of us hasn’t at one time or another donned the chicken suit and paraded around? I know I have. But there’s no tiara on the upside of a chicken beak for this lil chickaree. I liked the story so much I can’t remember whether or not it served its function. Must have if you included it.

The Red Sox story – not much of a fan. Sorry Mr. Goldfine. I know that admission is gonna cost me some points. What I know of baseball can be summed up pretty easily: Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, the Reds and the Yankees. That particular admission could cost me my life I suppose but truth is truth.

The marching essay was really nice. Sweet and gentle story. I can almost smell the apple pie. I love a voice like that. Now I just have to go and find my own voice and give it a cause.

You really make us work at this writing stuff. One would think you to be an English teacher or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Feb 10, 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

This is a good production/reaction--reminds me that I've got to work up some material on annotated bibliographies for the class pretty soon--because the annotations here work so well to enhance the originals.

Fri Feb 10, 07:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home