Friday, May 05, 2006

Prompt 15: I'm At A loss...

Me: Hello?

Her: Amy? This is *&%#. (My son’s best friend’s mother) I need to ask you an important question.

Me: Uh, okay.

Her: Do you know what &^% (her son) drinks when he’s at your house?

Me: uh oh. Am I about to get the “my son’s been drinking while at your house” accusation? God – do I really have a teenager now?
Well, I do get them a 2 liter of Brisk every Friday night. Occasionally they’ll come in with a Mountain Dew when they go to the store. He drinks chocolate milk and I have juice. Why do you ask?

Her: Because I just found an energy drink bottle in his room. Why would he bring that into my house? That stuff can kill him. I’m so pissed off right now I don’t think I’ll ever let him go out again.

Me: Uhh…

Her: Just listen to what’s in this stuff…ginger root, black tea, extract of guava. What the hell is guava? I think that’s a drug. Why would he do this? I keep Coca Cola in the house. We used to make sure it was always here but since I’m not working we have it at least a few times a week. This stuff can make your heart explode.

Me: Well, uhhhh…..

Her: Do you let your child drink this stuff?

Me: Ummm, well….

Her: Even my doctor said that like 10 of these can make you die. I can’t believe that Coca Cola – a totally family oriental company is now making this stuff. Do you believe in Coca Cola, Amy?

Me: Uhh, ummm…

Her: I’m just so pissed. Aren’t you pissed?

Me: Wow! ya know, I just realized that I’m in the shower, the baby’s in the car, the dog’s chasing the cat, supper’s on the stove, I was just on my way out, I have a doctor’s appointment, there’s been a family emergency and the fish just died. I gotta go. You take care though and I’ll make sure &^% doesn’t break any of the rules. See you later hun.

Her: Uhhh….

Me: *click*

*This was an actual telephone conversation that I had with her about 20 minutes ago. I just had to tell someone.

5 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

You didn't know that about energy drinks? You don't actually need ten to kill you if you combine three with two energy bars--it's a big teen suicide thing in California. Dozens keeling over in cafeterias....

Fri May 05, 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

Hey, admit and confess--you hated the week 15 prompts but you nailed this one, though it's true you had to do all the work.

Fri May 05, 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger millay said...

Yeah, I just had to tell someone.

Fri May 05, 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger millay said...

week 14 aren't working for me either yet.

Fri May 05, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

How unsympathetic can I get? Pretty unsympathetic--those are quality john aaaaaaaaaa goldfine prompts.

Sat May 06, 01:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home