Saturday, April 15, 2006

Prompt Week 11 (out of order)

What God has put asunder let no man repair. Certainly the fates, the gods, the whatevers have placed us asunder. There is no recreation for that sort of oblivion. To attempt, to tease at it, to pretend is an injustice. There is no repair for this boat as it lie sunken in the middle of this ocean of discontent. Why bother? Why send words that pry at my life and test my fortitude? Cruelty. More of it. That place is gone to us and good riddance. I have not the time or inclination to set again those pieces in that particular order. You swiped that board. I’ve long since collected my men and retreated. What now would you have me do? No. What God has put asunder let no man repair. Enough of the attempts. Be gone. I am done.

2 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

You liked this prompt, eh?

Sun Apr 16, 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger millay said...

well, it fit the moment nicely.

Sun Apr 16, 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home