Sunday, April 23, 2006

Freestyle Week 12

My house is trashed. Oh sure, the dishes are done a couple of times a day and the clutter gets shuffled around enough to give the appearance of cleanliness but it’s just plain trashed. Don’t open any of the closet doors or peer too closely into the corners. It’s spring so Sagan is shedding 3 pounds of hair a day. Even with regular brushings he leaves a cloud of hair every time he moves. Those stray hairs gather in the corners like naughty children and mock me when I catch a glimpse of them. I don’t wear my glasses in the house anymore unless I’m watching TV. It’s too much to see all the cobwebs and layers of dust.

The windows are covered with a film of winter. The porch has puked up its winter clutter which lies strewn end to end leaving hardly any room to go out and sit and enjoy these first breaths of spring. There are stacks of papers all over my desk in varying degrees of importance. I have no idea what’s in there anymore but I’m certain that it’s mostly garbage. Duplicates of bills I just haven’t gotten to, catalogues that I’ll never open and last chance invitations for magazines that I’ve never even read.

May is coming though. This time next week we’ll be staring straight down the throat of it. I’ll spend the end of May catching up on all of the chores neglected here before I go and tackle the “chore” of opening camp.

For now my house is trashed and is likely to stay that way until May 15th. I will say that I’m finding it easier and easier to live with. I couldn’t tell you if that’s a good thing or not and frankly, I’m no more in the mood to analyze it any further than I am to clean it. What do I look like - the maid?

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

Your trashed house is a level of order and cleanliness we here in Swanville strive for but never ever even approach.

Sun Apr 23, 07:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home